- Lehigh University, BS, Mechanical Engineering
- University of Pennsylvania, Juris Doctor
- Delaware, 1988
- Pennsylvania, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Delaware, 1988
- U.S. District Court, ED Pennsylvania, 2013
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1989
- Advisory Committee of the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, 2015 – 2021
- American IP Law Association (AIPLA), Women IP Sub Committee, Member, 2009 – 2016, past host firm for Women in IP Events
- Combined Campaign for Justice, Co-Chair for New Castle County, Fundraising, 2010 – 2019, Volunteer 2010 – present
- Federal Bar Association, Delaware Chapter member, 2007 – present, invited speaker at CLE programs
- Merit Selection Panel for U.S. District Court for District of Delaware, 2007
- Philadelphia Intellectual Property Law Association, Board Member, Secretary, Vice President, President Elect, and President. President in 2007, Member,1989 – present, Invited speaker for several Continuing Education Courses
- Wilmington University, Legal Studies Advisory Board, 2008 – 2015
- Lehigh Lawyers Association – Committee Volunteer 2021 – Pat Rogowski was honored as Lehigh’s “Lawyer of the Year” in May 2018
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Intellectual Property, 2008 – present
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, 2016 – present
- IAM Patent 1000 2013 & 2014, 2018-2022 Recommended Lawyer – Patent Prosecution
- Named a Pennsylvania “Super Lawyer,” 2015 to present
- Named Managing Intellectual Property’s Delaware IP Star
- Named one of Delaware’s top intellectual property attorneys by DelawareToday, 2015 to present
- Named the 2017 Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” for Patent Litigation in the Philadelphia metro area
- Selected as a “Leader in the Field” of Intellectual Property by Chambers & Partners USA, 2008 – present
- Top 250 Women in IP, 2013 & 2014
- Selected as “Lawyer of the Year” by Lehigh Lawyer’s Association in 2018.
- Brandywine Product Group International, Inc. v. Universal Distribution Center LLC, C.A. No. 2:16-cv-02248-WJM-MF (D. New Jersey). Successfully asserted design patent and unfair competition claims to redress infringement of BPG’s signature home gel air freshener products.
- Frequent Lecturer on patents, trademarks and copyrights.
- Linne Industries LLC v. Outdoor Water Solutions, Inc., C.A. No. 1:16-cv-00423-GMS (D. Delaware). Successfully abated infringement of Linne Industries’ utility patent for solar powered pond aerators and enclosures therefor sold under the POND HAWK trademark.
- Member of the Advisory Committee for the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, 2015 – 2021.
- Obtained a series of utility and design patents for stretchable covers to protect automotive front ends and motorcycle fairings for Novigo Designs LLC. “Batted 1000” in patent grants for this small business.
- Obtained a series of utility patents for adjustable food shields (sneeze guards) and industrial shelving products for Metal Masters Foodservice Equipment Company, Inc. Proud to have represented Metal Masters in intellectual property matters for more than 20 years.
- Pannell Manufacturing Corp. v. Israel Smoker, et al., C.A. No. 16-cv-6300-CDJ (E.D. Pennsylvania) – Successfully stopped unauthorized sale and use of patented mushroom compost processing equipment.
- Patent Advisor to Reframed Pictures for documentary film “Bombshell: The Hedy Lamarr Story” released April 2017.
- SMA Solar Technology AG v. Sunny Call LLC, C.A. No. 1:18-cv-00309-LPS. Successfully abated trademark infringement in respect of client’s SUNNY trademarks for solar power inverters.
- Trademark Opposition 91234886, concluded February 1, 2018. Successfully concluded trademark opposition to stop registration of LITTLE GROMS trademark in Class 25 for clothing.
- 1st State Ventures, LLC. v. Stone Balloon, LLC, et al., C.A. No. 2:18-cv-432-FtM-38MRM (M.D. Florida). Prevented proposed new restaurant in Bonita Springs, Florida from infringing client’s famous STONE BALLOON trademarks.
- Skinify LLC v. Jonathan Blake Buller, C.A. No. 5:20-cv-00988-PSG-SHK (C.D. California). Sued for declaratory judgment of design patent invalidity and to cause Mr. Buller to retract specious Amazon take-down notices against Skinify’s DECAL GIRL skin covers.
- Assisted Delaware Alliance Federal Credit Union to register its ALL 4 YOU trademark in 2021 as part of a rebranding strategy.
- Assisted Oakshire Holdings, Inc. to obtain important patents for Methods and Apparatus for Vitamin D Enhancement in Mushrooms, including US Pat. 10,930,342, which issued February 23, 2021.
Patricia Smink Rogowski has 30 years of experience in patent, trademark and copyright prosecution and counseling, and in intellectual property litigation in federal district courts and in appeals to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Pat is a Delaware and Pennsylvania bar member admitted to practice before the District Courts in Delaware and Pennsylvania, as well as the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Pat also is registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Pat received her B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Lehigh University with highest honors and her J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania. She has been selected as a leading Patent and Trademark Practitioner in Delaware for several consecutive years by Chambers USA, Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers, and was selected as one of the Top 250 Women in IP in the U.S. She has been named the 2017 Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” for Patent Litigation in the Philadelphia metro area.
Prior to opening Rogowski Law, Pat was a partner at Panitch Schwarze for three years, where she helped to launch and lead the firm’s Delaware office. For 27 years before that, Pat was an associate and then partner in the Wilmington, Delaware office of Connolly Bove Lodge & Hutz LLP, which later merged to form Novak Druce Connolly Bove + Quigg LLP. Pat served as Hiring Attorney and was on the Management Committee for several terms at Connolly Bove.
Ask Pat is a “go to” resource for clients and friends of the firm to answer your day-to-day questions related to intellectual property law and your business. You are invited to email your questions directly to email@example.com and she will respond to you within two business days. Be sure to indicate whether I have permission to share your question and/or disclose attribution on the website.